torsdag 29 juni 2017

A conversation with Thore Husfeldt on his Cast IT podcast

Last month I visited computer scientist Thore Husfeldt at the IT University of Copenhagen, in order to appear with him in the fifth episode of his recently launched video podcast Cast IT. The podcast, marketed as "a popular science podcast about foundations of information technology", is in my opinion an excellent initiative and features plenty of interesting discussions.

Thore and I talked for (what seemed to me like just a few minutes but was actually) 1 hour and 17 minutes, engaging in some of the central topics of my book Here Be Dragons: Science, Technology and the Future of Humanity: existential risk, artificial intelligence and the hypothetical scenario known as an intelligence explosion (a.k.a. the Singularity). I enjoyed our discussion, which was both informative and (despite our difference of opinion on some of these topics) friendly, and I hope some of the readers of this blog might enjoy it too.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar